Monday 16 May 2011

relating to my work

My Trend prediction is all about using natural materials in a more natural way that shows of the uniqueness of garments. I am currently in the process of  making flowers out of hair to adorn my garments. I first came up with the idea when I looked at the Neanderthal and how they used their natural environment in order to survive. In their time they used animal furs / hides and made clothing. The Fabrics that my research has lead me to choose shows that nothing has changed and humans today do exactly the same things it just that we have much more technology now that we can change the whole character of a materials original state. Which is why my Trend prediction is inspired by nature and natural fabrics different parts of the world.


Below is the Work of Marna Bernades Who also uses hair and other unusual materials to produce contemporary jewellery such as toothpicks, hair grips, phone cards to name a few.

Mana Recycled JewelryRef:greenupgrader.com


This is a picture of Music artist Jessie J taken from her music video "Nobody's Perfect". I am interested in this picture as it reflects what I am doing at the moment ( recycling jewellery to make embellishments for garments). In this case the designer has used Gold Watches to embellish her jacket. Her theme is Alice in Wonderland. I got to this point by looking at natural elements such as gold and other semi precious stones and then sourcing and recycling jewellery which would imitate that, but would still be precious in the sense of the hidden memories and stories behind the pieces.

Ref: feedlimmy.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment